Wednesday 27 April 2016

Life is Outside the Comfort Zone


For as long as I’ve lived, I have led my life through my eyes and my understandings. Sure they all have not been awesome judgments, sure there were many downfalls, but whatever it was, it was me. I hung out with people who always thought that I was right; I would take advice but make sure they always said what I wanted to listen. Irony was, I didn’t even notice when they were giving bad advice just to please me. I out of my understanding, tried mingling with people, who found me perfect – because that was the bubble I was most comfortable in.
It takes a lot for a person to pick out the negatives within and agree to the notion of being wrong. I of all people had the worst time accepting my flaws, for me I was always right, because being right was comfortable to me. You can only imagine the amount of work that goes into self-healing once you know, you are wrong, and you need to fix things. There’s facing yourself, than demanding change, than coping anxiety and what not. It’s easier to know you are perfect, and it’s even easier to find people who would impose your good qualities on you, just to get in your good books (for many obvious reasons).
This make-believe life of mine made me very confident and charming but this was just for the little world of mine, for the outside world, I still wasn’t aware of the amount of dedication that was needed to make my mark, in any field of life. You see, I didn’t even know, what it would be like, if I wasn’t correct all the time.
Then I met my husband, who believes in me like anything, but never agrees on anything. Being with him made me realized how the outside world would be like. With him it was obviously easier, because he was mine, no matter how bad it was, he would stay, say yes. But for the world outside, they weren’t there to butter me up, they would reject my presentations at meetings, they would tell me I look fat, they would cut me off during a conversations, they will not always appreciate my cloths. The outside world wasn’t as comfortable as mine, and my husband made me see it through his eyes.
The constant argument over an idea that I had, which excited me the most and my only hope was for him to love it –made me question a lot about our relationship. Why can’t he just be happy for me? Why is there always a list of questions after anything I speak about? The one thing that I missed over and over again was his way of polishing me up for worse situations. He knew about my comfort bubble, he knew I won’t be able to face the world. And so he became them, those who would negate me, those who would question me, he became them, to make me capable enough to face them.
We all have someone like this in our circles. For some it’s the parents, or an older sibling, or even a friend. Find out that person, and start listening to what they have to say. They may not always be right, I know my husband isn’t! But whatever they question you about, are the things you need to be ready with. The world only gives a few chances, and you need to be prepared enough in order to gain as much as you can in those chances only. Once gone, you’d be looking for a comfort bubble again.
I’ve had a long day today regarding following your dreams, and believing in yourself. It’s a campaign we are doing for one of our clients – and all the discussions and analysis made me think of my own self, and all the things my husband tells me. The time is now to believe and live your dream … he says “as long as you are in the bubble you won’t achieve”. Sure it will be tough, but won’t it be worth it?!
Find that person, and let him shake off your make beliefs. Look at the world with new found open eyes, and just take the steps forward!

Life is outside the comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment