Monday 18 July 2016

My Hair Experience at JY Style Studio





They say invest in your hair, it is the crown you never take off. Now I being the curious self, have been experimenting a lot with my hair, for as long as I can remember. Be it hair dyes, bleaching, crazy cuts etc. But honestly I am one of those lucky ones who are just blessed with good hair. Because even after whatever my hair has been through, I still manage to have healthy, shiny and voluminous hair on my head. 

I don’t mind taking risks when it comes to hair, I am one of those very few people who would go to a salon and tell the stylist to do whatever the hell they want, without nagging about the length, techniques or products they use. I like to call myself a stylist pet! Not to mention I get bored with my hair every now and then, and this every now an than is so often, I change looks every 1 or max 2 months. So this time, after a great research I made a quick stop at JY Style Studio.

JY Style Studio is situated in Khayab-e-Bukhari DHA Karachi, with a very warm and cozy atmosphere, full of accommodating and customer friendly staff members.. I was lucky to get an appointment with their senior stylist Samreen, who by the way was a magician!

This one particular time, and only this once I did not want my length gone. I am going on a vacation and wanted to flaunt beachy curls, also I had some uneven bangs at the front of my face, which looked like I chopped them off myself while drunk. Well the first part is right, I did chop them off myself, but I wasn’t drunk, just didn’t realize they weren’t the same length on both the sides and this time my hair experiment turned into a disaster. Also another point, a major one, I had some burned hair strands at the front of my face – obviously that was another hair experiment turned bad, but anyhoo.

So there I met Samreen and she was I think the first stylist EVER, who did not criticize me for having a bad haircut, or a dry hair texture – which I don’t have actually. But for some reason whenever you go to a new salon, the first thing they do is talk shit about your current look and try and pressure sell you their services to make you spend more. It happens to all of us, and I HATE it. It’s not nice hearing bad comments about your skin, eyebrows, hair all the time. I mean the sole reason we are there is to fix it, spare us the horror of shoving the negatives on our face again n again.

Yeah so well, Samreen gave me an AH-Mazing cut! Layers of Silk I swear. They not only went from crazy to celebrity like but also, became very manageable and luminous.



Did I mention the customer service? Oh I did, but I’m going to say it again! The service was spot on, nice ambiance, nice cuppa coffee and good music. I am so obsessed I just sent my husband in there yesterday for a hair and beard appointment, and he has never looked more irresistible. Thank you Majid, another Senior Stylist at JY Style Studio, I owe you!

I am going in again tom! Because guess what I’m bored again, this time I might get something extra done, how about a hair tattoo and some more of those bangs on the side please?

P.S: Make sure to get an appointment before you step in, because these people are busy and the place is hustling & bustling with customers at all hours. Because in their own words ...
"JY - The style studio is not just another unisex salon in town but a whole new vision".




No comments:

Post a Comment